ILLUMINATION

Ethics. Aesthetics. Politics.

Pages

  • Home
  • About
  • Contact
  • 'Rules' for Intellectuals

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Late Spring in Buffalo


Posted by Emina Melonic at 4:10 PM
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Labels: Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

About

Emina Melonic
Seeker of the True, the Good, and the Beautiful.
View my complete profile

My Tweets

Follow @EminaMelonic

Facebook Badge

Illumination

Promote Your Page Too

My Film Blog

  • The Magic Lantern

KINDRED SPIRITS


Ingmar Bergman (1918-2007)

Ingmar Bergman (1918-2007)
"It's a strange thing that every human being has a sort of dignity or wholeness in him, and out of that develops relationships to other human beings, tensions, misunderstandings, tenderness, coming in contact, touching and being touched, the cutting off of a contact and what happens then."

Johnny Cash (1932-2003)

Johnny Cash (1932-2003)
"People call me wild. Not really though, I'm not. I guess I've never been normal, not what you call Establishment. I'm country."

John Cassavetes (1929-1989)

John Cassavetes (1929-1989)
"I'm a great believer in spontaneity because I think planning is the most destructive thing in the world."

Willa Cather (1873-1947)

Willa Cather (1873-1947)
"There are some things you learn best in calm, and some in storm."

Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)
"All you have to do is write one true sentence."

Audrey Hepburn (1929-1993)

Audrey Hepburn (1929-1993)
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."

Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend."

Iris Murdoch (1919-1999)

Iris Murdoch (1919-1999)
"In philosophy, if you aren't moving at a snail's pace, you aren't moving at all."

Flannery O'Connor (1925-1964)

Flannery O'Connor (1925-1964)
"The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it."

Walker Percy (1916-1990)

Walker Percy (1916-1990)
"To become aware of the possibility of the search is to be onto something. Not to be onto something is to be in despair."

Meša Selimović (1910-1982)

Meša Selimović (1910-1982)
"Maybe I should hate them, but I can not. I don’t have two hearts, one for hate, and the other for love. The one I have, knows only for grief."

Hunter S. Thompson (1937-2005)

Hunter S. Thompson (1937-2005)
"Like most others, I was a seeker, a mover, a malcontent, and at times a stupid hell-raiser."

Eudora Welty (1909-2001)

Eudora Welty (1909-2001)
"All serious daring starts from within."

Brian Wilson (b. 1942)

Brian Wilson (b. 1942)
"Don't forget: music is God's voice."

Labels

  • Art
  • Beauty
  • Book Reviews
  • Bosnia
  • Bosnian Identity
  • Dr. Lulu
  • Education
  • Essays
  • Fiction
  • Film
  • Film Reviews
  • Illuminative Links
  • Islam
  • Literature
  • Memoir
  • Music
  • Mystery
  • Opinion
  • Philosophy
  • Photography
  • Poetry
  • Politics
  • Spiritual Life
  • Summer Reading List
  • The Magic Lantern Blog
  • The Mirror Magazine
  • Theology
  • Writing Life

Blog Archive

Copyright 2008-2017 by Emina Melonic. Simple theme. Powered by Blogger.